Dear Friends of our Pastorate of the Visitation,
Fr. Steve is away on a well-deserved vacation this weekend. Please pray this will be a time of rest
and renewal. I want to take this opportunity to offer my deepest thanks for your incredible
welcome over the last 3 weeks. I don’t think I have ever settled in so quickly. I look forward to all
that God has in store for us.
In 1970, the country singer Lynee Anderson recorded the song, I Never Promised You a Rose Garden. The lyrics reminded us that life is often difficult and filled with unexpected challenges. Our readings this weekend remind us, powerfully, that nothing can separate us from the love of God. It is important to remember that since the Garden of Eden, we have not been promised a life without difficulty and challenge. At the same time, if Jesus could feed over 5,000 with only five fish and two loaves of bread, imagine what he can do for us. Even in times of despair and suffering. In these remaining weeks of Summer, I hope you are able to find strength from the supportive and loving hands of the Lord.
On behalf of Fr. Steve, I would like to thank all the staff, parent volunteers, and teens who assisted in both weeks of Vacation Bible School. I have never experienced an evening option like we have at St. Jane’s. How nice to have both options between the two parishes. I was so happy to see some of your youngest disciples so on fire with their faith.
There are a number of events coming up in the next month that we would like to bring to you attention this weekend (with a few additional next weekends as well):
Our Woman’s Bible Study, Walking with Purpose, will have speakers at all the masses this weekend. They will share the Fall activities schedule. This is a wonderful opportunity for the women of our pastorate to gather in prayer and Christ-centered friendship.
The Feast of St. Jane Frances de Chantal is August 12th. If you don’t normally attend daily mass, perhaps you might consider joining Fr. Steve for 8:30 Mass at St. Jane that morning to celebrate the feast day of our patroness.
The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary is Saturday August 15, 2026. Because it falls on a Saturday, it is not a holy day of obligation this year. For those who would like to attend, there will a vigil mass at OLC Friday August 14th at 7:00 PM. The morning of August 15th we will have the normal 8:30 Mass at St. Jane.
Become Catholic!
We are beginning a new session of OCIA (Order of Christian Initiation for Adults) at the end of August. This new group will meet on Monday evenings with Deacon Phil, Fr. Kevin and the OCIA Team. If you are interested in becoming Catholic, or know someone who is, please contact the parish office as soon as possible.
Blessings on your week!
Fr. Kevin